Today's post is written by Jenny Phillips who specialises in supporting cancer patients with diet and lifestyle interventions. She herself recovered from breast cancer over 10 years ago.
Jenny has kindly shared a recipe with us which contains turmeric, a spice which can make a positive contribution to your health.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 200g butternut squash, roasted, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp bouillon powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 x 420ml coconut milk
- 200g frozen King prawns, defrosted
- ½ medium mango, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the cumin and turmeric for a few seconds. Add the garlic and chilli and continue to sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and sauté to soften. Tip in the butternut squash.
- Stir in the bouillon powder, seasoning and the coconut milk, simmer for 10 minutes. Add the prawns and mango, stir well and garnish with chopped coriander.
(1) Moshe Frenkel et al. Integrating Dietary Supplements Into Cancer Care. Integr Cancer Ther 2013 12: 369